Friday, September 23, 2011

Its my 2002 Jeep Liberty again. This time I want to change the FUEL FILTER.?

I have got a new fuel filter alright. The trouble is I have searched inside the bonnet and under the vehicle around the fuel tank but have not seen the old filter anywhere in order to replace. It looks like I have to bring the whole fuel tank down to access and change the fuel filter? wouldnt this be disingenous for Jeep design? Friends out there please help---Its my 2002 Jeep Liberty again. This time I want to change the FUEL FILTER.?have you looked at a hanes or chiltons manual you can find them at most book stores or at your local auto parts stores it would tell you exactly where it isIts my 2002 Jeep Liberty again. This time I want to change the FUEL FILTER.?jeepkj.com, punch in 02 liberty fuel filter change, it should bring up step by step directions, it did for me, good luckIts my 2002 Jeep Liberty again. This time I want to change the FUEL FILTER.?The fuel filter is located on the fuel pump in the fuel tank and is considered a %26quot;fuel pump module%26quot; we do not service these filters at the dealership only if the fuel pump goes bad should you need to replace this unit. There are many emmision hoses and lines connected to the fuel tank along with the tank straps. This is really not a job you want to do in your driveway. Especially if you have fuel in the tank.



Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep tech.