Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I change a fuel filter in a 1998 Ford Contour SE?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the actual step by step process and where exactly its located.How do I change a fuel filter in a 1998 Ford Contour SE?that last guy was a idiot...its apparently easy (ive never done it) a filter is like 12 bucks.....google it and you should be able to find instructions...dont waste your $ at a shop!How do I change a fuel filter in a 1998 Ford Contour SE?I think it is in the tank, take it to a pro! (it is a real pain in the @$$.How do I change a fuel filter in a 1998 Ford Contour SE?You'll have to drain and drop the gas tank and on top of the tank there is a round thing with bolts or screws in it. The fuel pump is attached to this as is the fuel filter. Take out the screws or what ever is holding the round thing and it should pull out. It would be wise to replace the fuel pump while you have everything apart.

It's a rusty job and a pain in the rear, stock up on WD40.

Good Luck.