Monday, September 19, 2011

How often should i change the fuel filter on my truck?

I have 2000 ford ranger.How often should i change the fuel filter on my truck?Each car is different and depends on the type of fuel you use. If you use regular gas I would say every six months to a year max. Also a good idea is to replace the pcv valve and air filter as these are also a contributing factor to low gas mileage.How often should i change the fuel filter on my truck?If operators manual is not available then the thumb rule is to change fuel filters after every 2nd. oil change.but if there sre two filters don't change both at same time .How often should i change the fuel filter on my truck?Good rule of thumb I have used and talked with my mechanic is usually around 20,000 Kilometers or 12,500 miles OR



When you know you have pumped some bad gas.



It is usually cheap and easy to remove and install and will help reduce the load on your fuel pump and extend the pumps life.How often should i change the fuel filter on my truck?once per year you won't belive how much dirt in the fuel the filters for fuel injecter cars is super fine and collects it goodHow often should i change the fuel filter on my truck?at least every year in less your having problems