Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm having a transmission and fuel filter change tomorrow?

Which would be better and/or cheaper,going to a chain establishment like jiffy lube, pep boys or an idependent mechanic.But i'm not sure if I can trust a mechanic however.Also wether I'm better off doing those kind of things on my own?I'm having a transmission and fuel filter change tomorrow?If you take it to a Jiffy lube, or a pep boys you are having morons with a grade school education tear open your tranny. Be prepared to replace the entire transmission if they do this. It will cost you about 2500 because these operations are very good at avoiding any responsibility for their actions. Take it to someone who does lots of this type of work and for goodness sakes knows what they are doing. You are better off not doing anything than taking it to the brain dead.I'm having a transmission and fuel filter change tomorrow?A Chain store like Jiffy Lube, or Pep Boys is like going to a K-Mart for car repair, go to a mechanic you been referred to or some place like AMCO, just remember its your car/truck %26amp; you get what you pay for. It's still buyer beware.

Report Abuse

I'm having a transmission and fuel filter change tomorrow?It all depends on how well you trust yourself or a mechanic, most chain establishments will offer a warranty with whatever they fix, so if for some reason they screw it up...you have some sort of backup plan. You never know these days...just have to hope for the best however you decide.I'm having a transmission and fuel filter change tomorrow?I'd go to an independent mechanic with a quality Wix trans. filter.



If you don't have a lift you may risk dumping trans fluid on yourself and on your driveway.I'm having a transmission and fuel filter change tomorrow?YOU ACT LIKE ITS A DOCTOR APT. the chain transmission shops are good enough.I'm having a transmission and fuel filter change tomorrow?Be prepared to replace the transmission in the next month after changing fluid.



I keep hearing horror stories of people having their transmission serviced, and then taking a dump on them within a month.I'm having a transmission and fuel filter change tomorrow?If the car has a lot of miles on it and the oil has never been changed, don't change the fluid! New fluid will start to clean out all the gunk that's been building up over the years. It will plug up your tranny, then it's bye bye tranny. You are better off just leaving it alone and hope for the best.