Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My chevy 02 silverado quit, seems fuel related, change fuel filter, plugs and more ideas?

It started sputtering on highway just dropped speed died out. Change fuel fiter and plugs(needed new plugs anyway). Still nothing having battery troubles too now. Anyway starts up few second when spray ether then dies. If i continue to spray ether runs, as soon as I stop spraying it dies. I am not sure everyone says fuel pump but I can hear it when I turn key. Any ideas on what else to check? Maybe I should check fuel pressure? If fuel pump is mounding when turn key working right. My father in law when changing fuel filter had disconnected turned key and fuel squirted into a can he placed by it, so he was assuming fuel pump working.My chevy 02 silverado quit, seems fuel related, change fuel filter, plugs and more ideas?I had a problem like this with my Ford Taurus...Died right there on the freeway...Come to find out with fuel injected fuel systems, there is a boost pump inside or close to the fuel tank...It can be heard when you turn the ignition 'on.'...If the boost pump fails, the engine may start for a few moments due to fuel siphoning and then quit...And if the boost pump is the culprit, the vehicle has to go in to the shop - not a job for do-it-yourselfers.



Hope this helps...All the best.My chevy 02 silverado quit, seems fuel related, change fuel filter, plugs and more ideas?Why do you think it is fuel related? Everything seems to be working in your fuel system, anyway, here is what you need to do.



Get a fuel pressure tester, a spark tester, a set of Noid lights, and then hook them up and crank the engine, wihichever doesn't work is where your problem is. But thats only the easy part, then you have you to figure out WHY you don't have whatever you don't have. This whole thing may turn out to be a $15 sensor, or a couple hundred dollar Computer, or a simple bad ground or broken wire. Good luck.My chevy 02 silverado quit, seems fuel related, change fuel filter, plugs and more ideas?while the fuel pump may be working it may not be working at the correct pressure. see if you can find a way to get a gage to tell what the pressure is and then see if that pressure is correct. it's an expensive job if it's the pump, because they're in the fuel tank and the tank i believe has to be emptied and dropped to put a new pump in.

i wonder sounds like a lack of fuel to me.

whats the word mounding mean?My chevy 02 silverado quit, seems fuel related, change fuel filter, plugs and more ideas?Fuel pump in the tank is bad