Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do you change the fuel filter on a 2004 Chevy Colorado?

I have an '05, and though I don't know the exact answer to your question I know the filter isn't in the tank. If you go to Coloradofans.com and do a search, or just make a profile and ask in one of the forums it shouldn't take too long to get an answer. I'm planning on changing mine soon as well, and actually came upon this while looking for filter prices.How do you change the fuel filter on a 2004 Chevy Colorado?I do not know this machine BUT either the filter is easily found somehere between fuel tank and engine (engine comaprtment often) OR...



It may well be inside the fuel tank. if the tank has an internal fuel pump, this will almost certainly be where the fuel filter is fitted.



Removing the tank i often required to get access - though in some vehicles, there is an access panel in the boot (trunk) which allows you access to it without removing the tank.