Thursday, November 25, 2010

Can I change a fuel filter on a motorcycle myself?

Is it difficult to change a fuel filter myself on my 2005 Honda 1500C?Can I change a fuel filter on a motorcycle myself?sure remove fuel line remove tank unscrew botton fuel shut off filter on other side of it unless you see in inline most are inside tank my bike is a 02 never been done almost 80,000 mile guessing but this might be it like this site if you look at #4 item picture wil be filter or SCREENCan I change a fuel filter on a motorcycle myself?Yes you can, take the proper precautions-gas is flamable so no smoking or ignition sources around while doing this. Try to do this outside if possible in case any gas leaks that way you don't have to live with petrol smell on the garage floor. Use a clean can to catch any fuel that may leak from the lines as you disconnect them from the filter.



And when you get the filter from the dealership, ask them if you need any teflon tape to put on the threads before installing the new filter.Can I change a fuel filter on a motorcycle myself?yes just go buy one and if you need some help ask the guy were u get it but fuel filters are pretty simple to change expessally on motorcycles cause there smaller usually.Can I change a fuel filter on a motorcycle myself?Yes. There is no 2005 1500-C